lets rewind

You know, at times I feel like it was just yesterday I was in grade school, running away from dem boys before they gave me the coodies, or when candy was much more important than money. I remember running home from school just to catch an episode of the power rangers (yellow ranger was the best HANDS DOWN). Or the many times we dropped water balloons on the eighth floor of the 370 building in dixon, or when all the kids knew each other and our moms used to hang out at one persons house each night. I remember that steep road at the back of one building where we would dare each other to ride our bikes down an eventually it was just for fun. Another memory is when I would say every excuse in the book to my parents just so they can get me out of macalin samo’s duksi, or tryna sneak to the playground or the swimming pool before any somali lady see's me an threatens to tell my mother if she catches me going in the pool again…. We never argued back then about nothing, we usually picked on a kid every now an then, but it was all good, eventually we were all friends…..12 years later…tell me why is it that I’m soo obsessed in growing my hair as long as Nicole scherzingers, or why I panic when I miss an episode of the hills (not that I watch the hills but you get my point). Why is it one arguement grows into a grudge then gossip then hate an more hate. Or that I and the rest of us are juggling school, work, and just life in general….Man if only I can go back in time to those careless moments when everything was just stupid fun, so here is a clip of a precious memory I have of “back then”. I don’t care if you guys think its cheesy cuz I know DAMN WELL you all know the words to this song...

imaan49 signing off yet again

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

damn right i kno this song

Anonymous said...

looooooool i remember that song

q said...

awesome...days when cartoons were actually good and taught you something.

*sings along* and i say HEY!! lol goodtimes wallahi